Smile For a Lifetime
Image Orthodontics has teamed up with the Smile for a Lifetime Foundation to provide orthodontic scholarships to children and young adults who normally would not be able to afford treatment. Dr. Yan Kalika, DMD, MS of Image Orthodontics is a founder of the Sacramento and San Francisco chapters of Smile 4 A Lifetime. He has dedicated countless hours to promote the program in under-served areas of these communities. Dr. Kalika donates this service to children in his local community and along with one set of retainers after treatment is complete.
Smile for a Lifetime Qualifications:
Scholarships are limited and based on several factors:
- Family income of no more than (200%) of the federal poverty level.
- Age range – children and young adults (varies per provider)
- Have “good” dental hygiene practices.
- Must have a significant functional and/or aesthetic need for braces.
- Must currently be enrolled in school and carry a C or better GPA.
- Must demonstrate a positive attitude.
- Must follow and abide by the treatment plan set forth by the orthodontist.
- Must be a resident of San Francisco or Sacrament
- Must follow the treatment plan and demonstrate the commitment to make appointments on time.
- Must agree to all morning appointments.
To apply for a scholarship, please go to https://www.smileforalifetime.
org/apply-for-braces and click on the Apply For Braces link to get started. Scholarships are handled through the National Smile for a Lifetime Foundation. For more information about a scholarship, please call the national office at 719-535-2777.