Yan Kalika, DMD, MS is a certified specialist in orthodontics and dentofacial orthopedics. He is an active member of the American Dental Association, the California Dental Association, the American Association of Orthodontics, the Pacific Coast Society of Orthodontics and the San Francisco Dental Society.
Dr. Kalika graduated with honors and Phi Beta Kappa from the University of California at Berkeley in 1993, majoring in chemistry. While at Berkeley, he was in the Students Honor Society and Golden Key Honor Society.
He received his dental degree from Harvard School of Dental Medicine in 1998. In addition, he completed a fellowship in Washington D.C. in the field of dental health policy. While at Harvard, Dr. Kalika served as president of the American Student Dental Association where he received a national award of excellence. He was a lecturer at the Harvard School of Dental Medicine and Harvard School of Public Health. He received honors in all clinical disciplines at Harvard School of Dental Medicine, the Soma Weiss Research Scholarship and an International Research Fellowship from Harvard Medical School.
Dr. Kalika completed his orthodontic training at the University of California at San Francisco where he received a specialty certificate in orthodontics and facial orthopedics and a master’s degree in oral biology. He is committed to providing quality orthodontic treatment while exceeding patients’ and parents’ expectations.
Dr. Kalika is a co-founder, board member and/or partner of several companies:
- Diagnocat: An artificial intelligence company providing dentists with the cutting edge technology to finish their cases faster and provide a proper diagnosis
- Therozone: A disinfectant company with an FDA approved product providing the highest level of sterilization
- Breathometer: A medical device company
- Rhinogram: A telemedicine company providing virtual consultations and tracking of orthodontic treatment
- Revere Partners: An investment company that provides opportunities for investors and capital for cutting-edge innovations in the oral and systemic health sectors.
As one of the best San Francisco orthodontists for over 20 years, Dr. Kalika also treated the highest number of Invisalign patients of any orthodontists in San Francisco and the Bay Area as well as served as a consultant to Align Technology (the creator of Invisalign) when the company started. He is also an international master in chess, which is the perfect kind of critical thinking you want in your orthodontist. Dr. Kalika will be able to find the shortest and quickest way to finish your orthodontic treatment with a beautiful and successful outcome.